Monday, June 1, 2015

Triple Goddess

While Silver didn't ask for anything in my notebook about the Triplicity or our Gods and Goddess I wanted to toss a quick note at my readers.

I find that all women have multiple aspects and different roles to fill as they progress through life, as the wheel of the year reflects that same progression and repetition among the Gods I don't think that this was an ancient practice.

I think that the idea of a Triple Goddess is part of Pagan reconstructionism. The ancient Celts did things in threes, everything could be attached to one of the three realms of physical, mental or spiritual. Sea, Land or Air. That's why in the modern age going back further than your great grandparents. "Bad news comes in threes." or "Death comes in threes." My grandmother always said that when you when things turned south you had to wait for the third thing to break, get ruined, or lost before you could expect it to start getting better.

Take the time to research the Goddesses on your own, as a Priest or Priestess its your privilege to know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment