Friday, June 19, 2015

Holy Water

I'll be camping next week. Silver pointed out that Spring water can be hard to find. This is true throughout most of the country. Where I am camping is Clover Springs, and the spring (where it bubbles up out of the ground) is actually located about twenty feet from where I'll be camping. As is customary for my Coven we walk over to the spring, leave an offering to the elemental there (we know there is one, we had a case many moons ago when someone investigating our Coven got on its bad side) once the offering is laid, we speak a blessing and collect a respectful amount of the water, usually about a quart to see us through the years rituals. On other trips we may collect smaller quantities to present to friends in the Pagan Community.

Now Silver has a recipe for Holy Water that she suggests that we record, it's not the same recipe I use:

Holy Water
To be performed at midnight on the full moon (or whenever the moon is at its zenith in the night sky).
  • 1 Tsp Rose-Water (Optional)
  • 3 tbsp Sea-Salt
  • 1 Small bowl Spring Water (1/2 to 1 Cup)
  • 1 Clean glass bowl
  • A Small compact mirror (I would use a flat mirror candle dish or a black mirror)
  • 1 Clean glass storage container (I suggest one with a stopper not a cork, like a Cruet used to serve salad dressings)
Clean the bowl and the container with boiling water, then set your altar. 

Circle Cast and any other Esbat stuff.

*** FOCUS ON VISUALIZATIONS ***

Taking the Goddess Position (seen below) Say:

"In the cloak of the midnight hour I call upon the Ancient Power. I seek the presence of the Lady and the Lord, to bless this water that I shall pour."

Take a moment to feel the energy stirring then add the rosewater (if you chose to use it) and hold the bowl aloft in the moonlight saying:

"In my hands I hold the essence of the Gods. I hereby cleanse and consecrate this water, to Divinity, that it may be used in positive acts only and aid me in my works."

Rinse and Repeat with the Salt. Add three small pinches of salt to the water. (You will salt it during later rituals also).

Stirring deosil.

Either use the mirror to reflect the moonlight onto the water or place the container on the mirrors surface.

"This liquid now serves the Lord and Lady, it is free from any negativity, in any time, in any space."






No comments:

Post a Comment