Monday, June 29, 2015

Home Again!

I want to tell you that I skipped almost the whole chapter on Web Weaving. I have moved in the Pagan community and while I have no problems with people coming to me, I have seen too much back-stabbing and politics from the members of my local community to be willingly active in it.

The section on Divination was accurate, including how each Witch has a breakthrough moment with a specific divination tool. I was first exposed to Runes by a friends step-father, he seamed really interested in reading me the first time we met. I think it was in an effort to know his step daughter. I don't remember his name, but I remember he was drinking a can of budweiser and I pulled two runes.

Raido and Algiz.

He smiled and said that I was going to be good for Heather. That was it, no trouble getting permission for her to stay over, and not the bat of an eyelash if I stayed an extra night with them.

I picked up my Mom's tarot a bit after that, my readings are startlingly accurate but my true love is lithomancy. Working with crystals.

The rest of the book was about spell work and different approaches to it mixed with referance tables. I can't say that as a whole I did not enjoy reading it again. I think that what I am taking away this time is completely different. This back to basics expirment has been a success, some of my passion for my craft is coming back. And to my great pleasure a young lady asked me to teach her a few weeks back, and while I am not confident as to her level of commitment the idea of bridging into the role of mentor is thrilling. As I continue my own journey in back to basics I'll be paying attention to what I feel should be shared with my new student.

Onto my Next Read!

No comments:

Post a Comment