Monday, June 15, 2015

My Altar

What kind of Altar do you prefer?

I love sacred space, inside or outside, on a wall or on a table. I will create such a space whenever I have the opportunity and I will buy almost anything that speaks to me. I try to use things that I already have, but if I need something specific I will make it if I can, if not I will hunt until I find it.

Where would you place your altar?

I feel that every room should have one, and outdoor places are already sacred but I have always wanted to set up an outdoor temple.

What will you use for altar cloths?

I make them myself, with few exceptions, I will find cloth, hem it then stitch beads along the edge or overlay the cloth with tulle or lace. I always add a personal touch.

What type of illumination will you work by?

Sun, Moon, Stars, Candles and Campfires. Oil lamps or electricity whatever does the job at that moment.

What tools or representation of Deities will you have?

This is a hard question. I would like to one day have an altar of entirely items that I have hand crafted. I tend to exclude metal from my altar when possible because of my work with the Fae,so its possible for me. One day.

I am in the process of collecting the items used for a Scottish altar kit, so that I can better honor my ancestors and study the path so loved by my father. I would also like to collect the items needed for something more Norse to honor my Germanic and Viking ancestors from the Belgium side of my Mom's family, as well as the Swedish side of my Dad's family. The Scotts get priority because both my mother and my father have a Scottish heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment