Friday, June 5, 2015

My Magickal Name

I have honored my Magickal Name for many years, Echo. To me the Whisper in the Wind. A reflection of power born from many places. This year marks its Twentieth year as my 'Nom de Arcane' as of a month and a day ago.

In my Back to Basics, I hadn't planned on changing that. Because I love my name, it is part of who I am and how I identify. But maybe it is time to grow.

When I was young I was an extreme introvert, regular conversation was difficult. I was never shy, but I was quiet, listened and created my own worlds.

Today I will take the lead, calmly assert myself when necessary. I express easy pleasure and my excitement when I learn something new is quite tangible.

I am something of an apothecary, all earth magick comes to me instinctively. Herbs and Crystals, working root magick, casting runes and the physical side of magick has an old world gypsy like appeal to me that I revel in. I collect jars and all manner of bottles and baubles. I use this knowledge for more than just healing and spellwork, I apply it to the everyday.

Things that have changed: In the past I would have hesitated to craft runes or altar tiles, I wouldn't have thought to work with clay to form my own god or goddess. My personal artistic ability is questionable. Now I do these things for the pleasure and connection I feel, knowing that even if they are not pretty they can serve as an offering to the gods.


My name should embody the following Strengths: Intelligence, Confidence, Courage, Change and Creativity.

This name should have the qualities of: The Otherworld, a Mountain Forest. Ley Lines. Twilight. Immortality.


No comments:

Post a Comment