Friday, May 8, 2015

The First Adventure

So to start my Back to Basics it took me a little while to settle on a book; I am re-reading Silver RavenWolf's "To Ride a Silver Broomstick" this was the first Pagan book that a lot of my peers ever read, and I find it troubling how many of them today are so comfortable speaking ill of the Author and her books.

I met Silver in person when I was in my teens attending the Heartland Pagan Festival, I liked her and so I would never feel comfortable talking bad about her or her work. A friend of mine had Dinner with Silver and her family and says that it was a really fun experience. But I would be lying if I didn't say that public opinion has poisoned me, I haven't read many of her books since I finished college. Part of that is because I felt that I had outgrown the beginner books and was looking for more, but its also because I was poisoned against reading her. There were people I didn't want to know that I had any of her books in my library. It only occurred to me about eight years ago how wrong it was for me to allow anyone to make me feel ashamed of where I come from. Of the things that I have used to build my path.

I want to emphasize that. It is WRONG to allow anyone to make you feel like you have to do something in secret, or not do what you want to do out of a sense of shame. As Witches we have to be true to ourselves.

If you want to go Back to Basics with me, grab your copy (or buy a new one here: To Ride A Silver Broomstick: New Generation Witchcraft) and post a link to your blog below!

No comments:

Post a Comment