Thursday, May 28, 2015

Picking Deities?

"One of the most pivotal choices in Witchcraft is your choice of the deities (Gods/Goddesses) you will work with. The key thought form here is "with" The Craft is not a religion of supplication. If you intend to grovel before a God form, please stop here and throw this book away."

I have never called on the Deities that I consider to be my patron/matron duo. I have never had that need. I was comfortable with Airmed and Arawn. To me they were the perfect duality of life and death calmly watching over me and guiding me on my path. My studies in crystals and herbs, the angel of vengeance mentality that I have had most of my life.

But when I see a Goddess and God figure in my mind it isn't them. It is the nameless Old Gods.

The Goddess has a narrow build and stands a little taller than me. About 5'7". She wears a gown the color of blood but it shimmers like starlight. Her eyes are are blue leaning towards violet, like the palest of lilacs, striking from a tanned face with rich black hair that floats about her hips bound only by a fresh-water pearl circlet, across her hips is a girdle of more pearls. Her feet are bare.

The God is athletic, wiry; standing about 6'1". He is wearing medieval hunting leathers in natural tones and deep brown, trimmed with mink and sable. His eyes are imperceivably dark, set in a sun kissed face, his hair is brown bleached by the sun, held back by a piece of braided leather at his brow.


No comments:

Post a Comment