Monday, May 4, 2015

Pathing a Challenge

I really couldn't get into writing spells and discussing spell work. Thats part of personal exploration and research that you can accomplish on your own. For the last year or so I have felt driven to get back to basics. Some of this drive stems from being forced to down size my personal library twice in the last year, the rest has been capitulated because during the subsequent moves after downsizing my library I have found that a great many of my ritual tools have been damaged, broken or lost.

That strikes me as a sign from the universe that I need to re-evaluate my path.

This doesn't mean that I am no longer a Witch, just quite simply when I am filling these needs I need to make sure that they mesh with who I am today, not the girl I was almost twenty years ago.

Now many of us notice these changes as we transition through life, sometimes it takes us onto a new path, others it takes us back where we started. Which is where I feel that I am. I want to take a look at the information that I have available to me now and start over.

I will not be rereading:

Raymond Buckland -- The Complete Book of Witchcraft
Janet and Stewart Farrar -- The Witches Bible

I will be revisiting authors that may not be well thought of by the community at large, to actually work my way through some of their books because those are the first exposure to the craft that many seekers first find.

I want to both recapture from when I first got started, and be able to give a fair review of the books. By following the exercises and sharing them with all of you.



No comments:

Post a Comment