Wednesday, July 15, 2015

My Witches Bottle



The Jar I chose to use once held salted caramel ice cream topping, I cleaned it out and removed the label. Now with jar work for me I usually build on the protective properties and I'm still going to do that to some extent. While calling on powers to aid me in my magick. Into the Jar goes:

A Coffin Nail: because the dead are seen as powerful and able to help intervene in magical spells -- this is based on spiritual practices where one's ancestors are seen as being able to intervene with the gods on your behalf. I use a Genuine Coffin Nail. My time living in Pennsylvania gave me access to quite a few, I have a stash of about 25, so I am frugal with them and only use them in important works of Magick. There are other ways to charge a nail for your use, but you want it to be a genuine Iron nail. Not steel or another alloy.

4 Pennies: Each penny gets marked, I have scratched on its surface with the coffin nail the alchemical symbol for each of the elements. As face coins they are used to call guardians to your space, watchers or messengers to act on your behalf.

A Quartz Crystal: This is the battery, the element of spirit that houses all power and conducts your intentions. As Quartz is able to tap into energies of the universe.

A Seashell: Life came from the sea, associated with the West and the Underworld passage from life into death. To me this is calling on the creation energy of Celtic myth, calling on the Ninth Wave.

A Stone: Common garden variety pebble. Because to the Scots when a pledge was made while holding a stone it became more solid. “Set in Stone.”

Bay Leaf: Psychic visions and dreams, repels negativity and evil.

3 Cinnamon Sticks: Used to sanctify a place or Object.

Roses: Love, friendship, luck, protection, psychic power and divination.


Star Anise: Protection, purification, awareness, joy. The Star shape carries power by itself.

Rosemary: Improve memory, sleep, purification, youth, love, power, healing, protection, intellectual.
Garlic: A very protective herb, healing, good weather, courage, exorcism.
Ginger: Power, success, love, money matters.
Mint: Money, healing, strength, augment power, luck, travel.
Wine: Symbolic of Wealth, Social status, influence and power. It also can be used as a way to protect against impaired judgment or bring about courage when needed.


Parchment Inscribed with purpose: Runes used Kenaz, Isa, Mannaz, Berkano and Jera.


As a side note, I did start to grab my athame in order to channel energy into it. But remembering the effort to go 30 days without I just put more effort into my visualizations. It was different, something I haven't done in a very long time.

1 comment: