Friday, July 3, 2015

Book 2: To Stir a Magick Cauldron

With only a little thought I have decided to continue reading Silver's debut series. But I will admit, as a young reader I did not take away as much from this second book as I did To Ride a Silver Broomstick. I am older now and looking at her words with different eyes, I hope to figure out more about my current direction.

I normally skip the preface and introductions, that are just there to set the pace and tone. I read it this time, the word "Nemeton" tends to catch my eye. Its a lot like the glimpse of the most dramatic form of magick the world gives to us. What it would be if we all had a special effects department.

Most of us hold an image in our minds, watch for signs actual physical manifestations are few and far between. The gifted will see more, some have a way of seeing things on a different vibrational plain. Now those who can see are often limited to a specific spectrum outside of the one we occupy.

As for myself, I have been able to see Faeries for as far back as I can remember. As I have gotten older they have become shy, they aren't everywhere anymore, but they are there when I call. Like family.

To Stir a Magick Cauldron is about the Magick of Conjuration. Allegedly. It doesn't meet my definition of the word but we'll keep an open mind and if you want to play along grab your copy of buy a new one, then post a link to your own blog below!

1 comment:

  1. Although I hadn't seen Faeries as a child, I always wanted to be a witch. Blessed be.

    ReplyDelete