Thursday, July 9, 2015

Conjuring Sacred Space

Sacred space is one of my favorite topics: altars, stone circles or temples. Several posts back I shared a video on erecting a personal altar, so this challenge to erect a permanent shrine is titillating. Last time I read To Stir a Magick Cauldron I had to dumb it down and go for a walk. Dad, my brothers and I were living in a tiny hole in the wall ghetto appartment. We couldn't even plant a garden so an outdoor space wasn't even negotiable. Now I am currently in the haunted bedroom at the Covenstead, while I don't own the property I am certain that no one here will be offended.

In this time that for me is one of simplicity, no tools, and daily devotionals. What better project could I have than constructing an outdoor temple?

There is a wall off the back side of the house, it connects to the patio with an east facing wall, and a flowerbed that we have had bad luck cultivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment