Monday, October 12, 2015

Conjuring the Quarters

Silver asked that we write down our quarter call for at least one direction.

"Hail to the Guardians of the Watchtowers of the North, rulers of strength and wisdom, I call you from your ancient Hearth to witness and to guard me in my art. By name I implore, Gnomes! Lend your might tonight!"

I don't use the same call for each circumstance, that is the call I would use if I performed a circle cast tonight. The next assignment as I use Watchtowers is to find or draw what they look like to me. Introduce myself to them in meditation then practice my new quarter call.

To me the Watchtower is a physical structure, like the rook in chess, or a medieval looking lighthouse. It is staffed by an individual spirit, the Guardian of the Watchtower is a spirit mentor or guardian that I have worked with in meditation and named to the task. This Guardian lights the Watch-fire and summons the actual elemental on my behalf. Which is why I have candles in the Quarters of my circle.

When each Watch-fire is lit, a wall travels to the next forming a wall along the outside of the circle.

2 comments:

  1. That's a really good quarter call. I know people use different association with the directions and I've never been able to stray from the old north air south earth west water east fire. I also use elementals in my quarters calls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. I understand sticking with what you know. To me its about what works for you or what feels right to the way you practice and your relationship divine.

      Delete