Sunday, August 23, 2015

Triggers

I have to say that in retrospect I am gaining a lot more from Silver while I review her work with mature eyes. I will argue with some of her exercises, I personally would not teach the same way. When she wrote out her Triggers assignment as one of physical gestures, this to me is a salute.

I have always stylized my movements and gestures after the etiquette of a knight. Not very feminine of me, when I visualize my motions I am usually holding an athame or a staff. To think of simple motions for empty hands. Its hard to describe as most of the actions and energy through visualization. And I'll be the first to admit that I am much more graceful in my own mind than in reality.

My gestures in reality my hand is tilted to the side, like a blade. The motion is dependent on my goals. More of a salute than a trigger.

2 comments: