Monday, January 6, 2014

February Full Moon

Actually called "The Ice Moon" The time of growth and looking ahead towards the future.

Like the Sabbats, this is less about writing the ritual and more about what sets the ritual apart. For the Esbat title the page.

The growing light gives us hope, but there are still hard days of winter ahead. Even with the icy grip still upon the world, you feel the life-force awakening and know that your life must begin to quicken. Many things can unfold this year, but which way should you go? This is the time of the “seer” within. This month is touched by the rowan and ash. The Rowan brings magic and the protection of Brigid. As the Goddess who governs crossroads, Brigid can see all possible paths for the traveler.


The Seers Moon

Fill a cauldron or a large iron pot full of fresh water. Add Buttercup and Marigold petals (Calendula). Light incense of Rowan Berries, Wormwood and Thyme. Stir the pot gently three times (deosil)  then float three red strings on the waters surface while saying:

"Into the threads of time I cast my thoughts
One to become the Veil..
To catch a glimpse of what has been...
Another to conjure the seeming
Bring into my mind what will be...
And Lastly for that which will never be..
Gods of the Silver Oracle Light
In this iron pond I part the veil
Know me...
Show me, show me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment