Monday, April 22, 2013

Statement of Intent

Every ritual needs one.

Many of my friends in the Craft already know the passion I have for journaling and research, that enthusiasm extends even more energy towards my Book of Shadows. I have read many online forum posts from those new to the craft who say that they “just can’t feel” their BoS. To some extent I blame that on books that have been published and media that is available to those who are entering into Witchcraft without a mentor. After all many sources mention the BoS in passing, stating that you should record everything, neglecting much of what makes a Book of Shadows such a powerful tool.

I am setting out to put that to rights, hopefully it won’t be too difficult to do without breaking my Oath.

First an Introduction; I am what is called a FamTrad Witch, I was raised following the Pictish/Celtic Path of my Father an astrologer who can trace his lineage to both Sweden and Scotland, learning a tradition of Fortune Telling from my Mother who’s lore was brought to her from distant family Scottish folk healers, Weavers from Belgium and Native Americans.  I am not Wiccan. I practice as part of a Celtic Coven, and still on my own I am a Faery Priestess with a lifetime of rituals and study.

In this Blog, over the next 52 weeks, with a promised one post a week (they may be more) between this Beltane and Beltane 2014, I will give you what you need to bring your Book of Shadows to life.

If you would like to contact me personally for Q&A you can always comment or for private consult my email is listed in my business card, please note that I work at my own pace and you may see your answer in a blog post rather than a responding email.



2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this site lol! Loves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kieran :) Feel free to email me. I am glad to hear that someone is taking away something.

      Delete